Monday, October 29, 2012
Goodebox October 2012
I received my October 2012 Goodebox on Saturday - I can't believe how quickly it got to me! I mean, sure it's the end of the month - but from the time I received notification to the time I found the package in my mailbox, it was quick!
There was a slight problem this month... but it was mostly my fault. See, one of the products was substituted with another. To make that clear, Goodebox put a sticker on the product card list. Problem: someone placed the sticker in the wrong position. So, when I was comparing what I got with what was on my product card, I was confused.
It looked like I hadn't received the full size product, so I emailed them and did not expect to hear from them until Monday (I sent the email on Saturday). Oh my gosh - they replied within hours! They must have known the boxes were going to drop, and manned the email box... this impressed me to no end.
A few back and forths went by before I realized the mistake was mine - not theirs. I apologized, and the customer service rep was very nice.
There was one other problem as well: I received a Lip Glaze and a Lip Plumper from Eve Organics Beauty - the caps on both of these products had fallen off during shipment. This tells me they weren't screwed on tightly in the first place. Not Goodebox's fault - it was the manufacturer's fault. The products were dry (I live in Nevada, so things dry out quickly), but returned to normal after placing them in a warm environment for a couple of hours.
This box contains a lot of smile worthy products; here's what I got:
1) Anatomy Revitalizing Dead Sea Mud Mask: I have said time and time again that I'm not a mask kind of girl... but I will most definitely try this baby out. It's vegan and promises to heal acne and reduce wrinkles. I don't have acne, but I've had some weird breakouts lately... so I really want to give this a try. Hopefully this product will make my wrinkles cry and run for cover.
Retail price: $42 for 4 oz. jar
2) Clairvoyant Beauty's Nourishing Meadowfoam Serum - full size! If you've been reading me for any time, you know I'm a huge fan of Clairvoyant Beauty products. They're excellent and I love them. I don't always love the price... BUT this is one of the few companies out there that has great bundle deals on their skin care products.
I've already given this product a try, and I love it. I will say, though, that I think I like the Balancing Rose Hip Oil and Hibiscus Facial Serum a tad bit better... but honestly just because of the scent!
Retail price: $69 for 1 oz.
3) Eve Organics Beauty - Lip Plumper and Lip Glaze: I am a minimalist when it comes to my beauty routine. I admit that now that I'm older, I do have to take a few additional steps in the morning. I don't like doing them, but find these steps necessary in order not to scare my co-workers before they've had their morning coffee. Lip Plumper is not a step I want to add - I use Chapstick or lip balm, and that's a fine undercoat for me.
For those who like these types of products, though, this lip plumper is nice. And the Lip Glaze is super subtle color and goes on smoothly.
Retail price: $15.95 each
4) Savvy Boheme Summer in Spain Whipped Cocoa Butter: Holy mother of fragrance, this product ROCKS my senses! I am in love with this whip! It smells just like a Lindt Dark Intense Orange Excellence Bar tastes... decadent! The organic cocoa and shea butters included in the product work wonders on my very dry spots (top of hands, décolletage (which is a fancy way of saying "top of the breast area").
Retail price: $14.50 for 3.4 oz.
5) Happy Face Foaming Scrub Cleanser: I am fairly disappointed in this product. 1) it did not foam. 2) It was hard as a rock, and getting it out of the container was a struggle. Once I got it out of the tub and was able to use it, I did like it - even though it did not foam. So if you buy this product, make sure you have a chisel on hand. You'll need it.
Retail price: $10 for 2 fl. oz.
6) Celtic Complexion Cream: This product was packaged beautifully (see picture above - it's the jar in the elegant organza bag). I really wanted to try this product this weekend, but was so busy with the other similar products that I did not. When I do, I will give a more thorough review - I expect to love it, but you just never know, now, do you?
Retail price: $42 for 2 oz.
Nitpicks: So, there were a couple of problems this month - the sticker announcing a substitute product was misplaced on the product card, causing confusion on what should be in the box and the lids off of BOTH lip products came off during shipment. Once again, many of the products are pretty pricey if you want to purchase them retail. However, I know for sure that Clairvoyant Beauty has great bundle prices, so that product - while pricey on its own - can be had at a remarkable discount if bundled.
Lasting Impressions: With the exception of the Lip Plumper, all the products in this box were Vegan. Now, that isn't important to me, but it IS very important to many other people out there. I imagine a whole buttload of people receiving this box were tickled to find so many vegan products in their tiny vegetarian hands, and I appreciate the work that went into curating such a wide variety of cruelty-free products.
Additionally, I have a case of the happies from my interaction with the Goodebox Customer Service team. They responded promptly, and their only concern was making things right. Turns out, they didn't really need to - but I do SO appreciate the effort.
All in all, this box receives a big thumb's up from me!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Goodebox October 2012
anatomy revitalizing dead sea mud mask|clairvoyant beauty|dead sea|meadowfoam serum|