Sunday, October 7, 2012
Green Grab Bag September 2012
Green Grab Bag had been hyping this bag up for a couple of months. It was curated by Whole Body at Whole Foods. I expected lots of exciting products, and what I got was... eh.
1) Giovanni Hair Products: 2 Chic Brazilian Keratin & Argan Oil Shampoo, Conditioner, and Leave-In Conditioning and Styling Elixir. There were two deluxe sample sizes, and a set of packets that came in a foldout with a coupon on the back.
Personally, I won't use the conditioner because it contains alcohol, and I don't use alcohol on my hair. I might use it as a giveaway in the future, so keep your eyes peeled!
2) EO Refresh Breath Spray: It's not in my pics, because it leaked. I put it on the sink to dry, and forgot to include it in the group photo. I hope it doesn't feel neglected.
I was introduced to EO Deodorant Spray in the July 2012 Green Grab Bag. I have to say I love it. So, receiving another EO product wasn't a surprise or new... but I will admit that I tried it and I like it. A lot.
Retail price: $2.99 for a tube.
3) Mineral Fusion Sparkle Bronzer: I guess bronzer is THE thing right now, because I'm getting it in almost every subscription box I belong to - and just about every other month! I have bronzer coming out of my ears - and I don't use it. It's not for me.
I would have preferred a mineral face powder or eye shadow from this company instead. But you might luck out - I just may put this in a future giveaway!
Retail price: $29
4) Hugo Naturals All Over Lotion (Vanilla & Sweet Orange): I like Hugo Naturals products, but again, this isn't a new product. Maybe I had it wrong, but I was under the impression that Whole Foods would be sampling "new" products - not tried and true favorites.
Retail price: $9.99 for 8 oz.
5) Nourish Organic Body Lotion - Almond Vanilla: The scent isn't really great. In fact, it smells a bit like plastic. The ingredients are USDA certified organic, and the product is made in the USA. Now, that's something I can get behind!
Retail price: $9.99 for 8 fl. oz.
6) Everyday Shea Moisturizing Body Wash - Lavender: This product smells absolutely lovely. There was some separation of ingredients, but a good shake took care of that.
Retail price: $13.99 for ? Alaffia doesn't state the size of the bottle.
Nitpicks: Two vanilla scented lotions was overkill - perhaps different scents should have been sent - instead, two similarly scented products of the same type went head-to-head in competition. This seemed especially shortsighted, since they both cost the same (Hugo and Nourish).
Additionally, Whole Foods has a ton of great health and beauty products. Perhaps instead of sending two lotions, they could have mixed it up a bit. Maybe a deodorant or a toothpaste or a lipstick or a toner... something instead of two similarly scented body lotions.
Lasting impression: I love that Green Grab Bag reached out to a store that many people have access to. For me, this meant that if I did find a product I loved, I could just get in my car and go get it - instead of hunting it down on the Internet!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Green Grab Bag September 2012
alaffia|eo|giovanni|giveaway|Green Grab Bag|hugo naturals|mineral fusion|nourish|whole foods|