Goodebox is one of the more expensive subscription sample boxes out there, and sometimes (only sometimes) I am not convinced that I got my money's worth. However, I can't say enough good things about the September Goodebox - it really gave me the happies!
It was curated by Greta Egan of Fashion Me Green. Admittedly, I hadn't heard of her before this box - however, she definitely picked out some gems. The theme of the box was Fashion Week Staples, and I guess I can see how these products fit into that category.
Here's what was inside:
1) Erbvia Lemon Sage Organic Deodorant (1 fl oz) - This stuff smells great! I have to admit, I probably wouldn't wear this during the day, but I will wear it at night. My friend Hot Flashes likes to mess up my clean mojo while I'm sleeping, so I often apply deodorant right before I hit the sack.
Retail price: $18.00 for 3.4 fl. oz (100 ml)
2) Bamford Body Geranium Body Lotion (1.7 fl oz) - I don't know what's going on with me - other than the change. Lately I've been having mixed results with lotions causing breakouts. This one did not - and smells HEAVENLY. I am in love with it. However, since it retails for $40, this will be the only Bamford lotion that will hit my body - once it's gone, it's gone forever!
Retail price: $40 for 8.5 fl. oz.
3) Juice Beauty Green Apple SPF 15 Moisturizer (.5 fl oz) - I love Juice Beauty products, and am SO happy to get a chance to try their SPF 15 moisturizer. I haven't been disappointed in a Juice Beauty product yet!
Retail price: $38 for 1.7 oz.
4) Zosimos Botanicals Lip Gloss in Mulberry (.14 oz) - This color is a VERY dark purple, and I didn't think it would look good on me - but surprise, surprise it does! And that's the reason you do not see it in the photo - it's in my purse!
Retail price: $16 for full size, or a mini for $3.00
5) La Bella Figure Beauty Organic Barbary Fig Seed Oil: This product promises to "brighten and illuminate with a lovely floral scent." This stuff is uber expensive, so I will probably never actually ever buy it. Don't get me wrong, though - homey will use every last drop in this precious sample!
Retail price: $125 for 1.0 oz.
6) Go! Towel - 1 poker-chip sized 100% Bamboo "Pop-Up" towel - I've seen these around, and thought it was kind of a cool thing to get in the box. I caught myself "saving" it - but now I don't know for what. Maybe I'll just break down and use it for something... look out, piles of cat vomit, here I come! Supposedly these things are reusable... if I ever break it out, I'll let you know how true that statement is!
Retail price: $14.95 for a pack of 10
7) Hess Natur $25 Eco-Fashion Gift Certificate to Hess Natur: The items on the website are fairly expensive, but they do have a fairly decent sales section. I haven't used my certificate yet - but I have until December to do so!
Nitpicks: The curator, Greta Egan, obviously is not in touch with the type of consumer that purchases these types of sample boxes. Most of us are of moderate income, and can't afford high luxury items. This item was full of very expensive products - the type that would be a stretch on most subscribers' incomes. So while these products are nice to try, I'm not sure it's very realistic to expect subscribers to run out and purchase them.
Lasting impression: Once again Goodebox delivered a box chock-full of new-to-me products. I am constantly amazed at how many new things I am able to try through Goodebox - many of the products I've never even heard of before.
Do you want to learn more about Goodebox? Per their site, they provide trial sized healthy, eco-sensitive, innovative & effective beauty and personal care products, along with occasional samples of natural & organic health and wellness products. Cost is $16 a month - try it - I do not think you'll be disappointed!
a Rafflecopter giveaway