Thursday, November 1, 2012
Eco-Emi October 2012
One of my all-time favorite subscription boxes arrived in my mailbox to give me yet another case of the happies!
Eco-Emi never fails to deliver - and I suppose that's why they always seem to have a waiting list. Who would be foolish enough to give this subscription service up? Not me!
As soon as I opened the box, I smelled something delicious and was instantly intrigued... Here's this month's delights:
1) Maximum Curl Defining Cream by Shea Radiance: Honestly, this is the one product that didn't excite me at all. I know everyone wants something particular from their subscription service. Personally, I'm happy with most anything but hair care items - and that's not Eco-Emi's fault!
This is a leave-in styling hair conditioner which promises to create "perfect curls." Well let me tell you something: I've spent 40+ years trying to UNCURL my hair - why oh why would I want to turn around and use something that will curl it?
Retail price: $16 for 8 oz.
2) Tea Tree Facial Cleanser by Zen Society Skincare: Uh oh... I think I'm about to sound like a big whiner... Tea Tree isn't my favorite scent. That said, I am very excited to receive a facial cleanser to try. It is supposed to "brighten" tired and dull skin (don't look now, but my skin is yawning). The sample is of a very generous size. Bonus: It's made in the good old US of A!
Retail price: $16
3) Vanilla Almond Granola by Ola Foods: I'm a low carber, so I don't normally eat granola. While I will probably never purchase this product, I will most definitely enjoy having a little carb splurge. I mean, who in their right mind can resist VANILLA ALMOND anything? Certainly not this whiner!
Retail price: $5.99 for 9 oz.
4) Copper Kisses Lip Gloss by The All Natural Face: I LOVE The All Natural Face - I was able to try a couple of their eye shadows a few months ago. Now I have what looks to be a full size lip gloss to make myself beautiful with! Whiners want to be pretty, too!
Retail price: $4.60 for .43 oz.
5) Star Anise & Coffee Handmade Natural Soap by Dew Puff: This is what made the box smell so delicious! I'm not a big soap person, but I do keep a bar right near the bathroom sink. This morning I threw away the remnant of the bar that was there and replaced it with this glorious scented gem!
Retail price: $7 for one 4.5 oz bar
6) Basic H2® Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate by Shaklee: Shaklee? They're still around? Wow... who knew? Well, Eco-Emi knew... that's for sure!
What I'm about to say is going to sound totally Republican of me, but I really don't care if my cleaners are green or not. WHAT? Did I just hear you gasp? Well... sorry... but it's true. I am switching over, slowly but surely (peer pressure and all)... still, I'm not really sure I like this whole idea of mixing my own cleaner. I like the pre-made stuff - I'm lazy like that.
Retail price: $12.15 for 16 oz.
7) Organic Fruit Snacks by Tasty Brand: This is my absolute least favorite product in the box. I really can't eat stuff like this - but that's not Eco-Emi's fault. I will probably bring this to work and surprise a co-worker with it when they're having a bad day.
Retail price: $29.95 for 30 bags
Nitpicks: This box just comes later and later in the month - and homey isn't happy about that. Additionally, I know food products are hit and miss with everyone - so I'm not blaming Eco-Emi for the fact that I can't eat the fruit snack thingy - it's not their fault. Still, I admit to being disappointed when I saw it. But then I got the happies thinking that I could share it with someone and pass on the happy!
Lasting impression: The instant I opened the box, I was hit with a delicious scent. The fragrance wafting out of the box instantly put me in a happy, expectant mood. The samples in the box were all generously sized (with the exception of the all-natural cleaner). Plus, the box represented a good mix of products: snacks, cleaner, skin care and cosmetics. Wow!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Eco-Emi October 2012
copper kisses|dew puff|eco-emi|handmade soap|october 2012|ola foods|shaklee|tasty brand|the all natural face|zen society skincare|