Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Green Grab Bag November 2012


I received my November Green Grab Bag on Saturday - I know I've said it before, but it's time to rinse and repeat: I love Green Grab Bag. It is more expensive than some of my other subs, but this one delivers the goods every single month.

As soon as I opened up the bag, a smile appeared on my face, and didn't go away (until I had a little mishap with the lip butter... more later). Green Grab Bag really spoils their subscribers - and I don't know about you, but I think I deserve to be spoiled.

Enough of the commentary - here's what I received:

1) Purity Botanicals Deep Pore Cleanser: This particular blend is for Normal/Oily skin - and my skin isn't really oily. It's more Normal/Dry. Still, I have been using it for the last couple of days and I like the product. I wouldn't buy it - personally, I like a little more foam to my cleanser. Still, this one does what it is supposed to do - and it did not cause me to breakout, so it's a win in my book!
Retail price: $37 (size not given on website)

2) Purity Botanicals Liquid Gold Serum: This product claims to spot treat acne, hydrate skin, aid the healing of cuts, scrapes, and burns, and soothe assorted skin issues. As it so happened, I had a couple of weird little scabby things on my arm, so I put the liquid gold on them. By the following morning, I noticed a substantial improvement in the healing process. I will be keeping this sample close-by for those types of issues - it seems to do what it claims to do!
Retail price: $49 (size not given on website)

3) Purity Lip Whip: This product is new, and isn't available yet on the Purity Botanicals website. It's really cool to try a product before it's available to the general public! The color I received is Rose - and it's perfect. The thing is, the sample container is super hard to open. I've opened it three times, and two times I ended up with lip whip all over my fingers because of the clumsy way the container opens up. The color I received is perfect for me - and I am in love with it!
Retail price: $10

4) Gabriel Cosmetics Zuzu Luxe Eyeliner: Pencil eyeliners are my new favorite. I used to use liquid eyeliner applied with a brush, but moved to pencils about a year ago. Unlike the Honeybee Gardens eye pencil in the Kara's Way box, this one is not made in China. (Honeybee Gardens claims that the Chinese manufacturer was the only one who could deliver an eyeliner pencil at a good price - I disagree, and this eye pencil is proof.)

My eyeliner pencil is in Obsidian, but I see from their website that they have one in Indigo - a color I favor! 
Retail price: $13.80 per pencil

5) Tierra Mia Organics Original Face Cream: Oh wow, this stuff is NICE! It smells good, it goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly. This cream claims to help skin keep its equilibrium by restoring the normal pH. Did it? I dunno - I'm not a scientist, baby. All I know is I like it, and I will use this sample UP! (For those of you who care, this product is gluten free.)
Retail price: $25 for 2.0 oz.

6) Isvara Organics Peppermint Body Milk: This is probably my least favorite product in the bag - and that doesn't mean this product stinks or anything like that. It's nice... but the peppermint scent isn't very strong - in fact, it's really quite light. I am probably in the minority - but I LIKE stronger scented products. I use the Deep Steep Candy Mint Foot Cream, and the scent strength on that product is perfect for my picky nose. 

I will say this: the Isvara Organics Peppermint Body Milk is very fairly priced. Plus it's made with all that good-for-you stuff, like aloe, hemp seed, and jojoba.
Retail price: $2.98 for 2 oz or $11.95 for 8 oz.

7) HollyBeth Organics Snowflake Lip Balm: This is one of two full size products in Green Grab Bag this month. I have a zillion lip balms - so I haven't used this one yet. Still, I like knowing that if I need to, I can use this as a holiday gift for someone. I will say as lip balms go, this one is on the more expensive side.
Retail price: $7 per balm

8) Collective Wellbeing Corrective Cleanser: This was supposed to be La Mellite Blueberry Acai Antioxident Face & Body Scrub, but something went awry and so GGB sent this out instead. I look at it as a win, because this is a full size product! I probably have enough face cleansers to last me a year, but I'm hoping this one can correct all my beauty issues and make me beautiful.

Uh... maybe not. Still, you can't blame a girl for wishing...
Retail price: $15.39 for 5 oz.


And there you have it - my amazing November Green Grab Bag! I'm really looking forward to the December bag - if November is this good, what will we get for Christmas?  A make-over elf? One can only hope...

Pssst... it's time for you to subscribe to Green Grab Bag! Stop putting it off - do it and do it now! You will NOT be sorry. Click here to get started!