Friday, November 16, 2012

Angelina Organic Skincare


I've received several samples from Angelina Organic Skincare. The more samples I receive (from my various subscription boxes), the more I fall in love with Angelina. If our relationship keeps going on like this, we'll be engaged by the end of the year.

When I receive samples from "green" companies, I like to find out more about the company and their philosophy. Most of the time, I'm really investigating to insure that the products are made in the USA. Often, I find out something really interesting about the company or the founder. In Angelina's case, I discovered that they base their company philosophy on ahimsa - the yogic practice of non-violence and kindness. This intrigued me.

Their ingredients are fair trade, and many of the botanical ingredients come from Oregon (ah HA! Made in the USA!). They also freshly make their products - and you know, one would hope all companies did that... but the truth is, most use preservatives so that products can have a long shelf life.

The products I've tried thus far are:

Coconut Bliss Exfoliating Cream Mask: Okay... I hate to admit it, but when I first tried this I was clueless to how it worked. It didn't have any grains in it - so how could it exfoliate? Turns out it's an alternative to "chemical" exfoliating masks. Instead of using fruit acids, this mask uses lactic acid.

I don't really care how it does what it does - it left my skin feeling soft. Plus it gave me a serious case of the happies because it smells DELICIOUS!
Retail price: $26.95 for 2 fl. oz.

Nourishing Herbal Day Cream: This was the very first product I sampled, and I love it. The cream emits a very light scent - and I realize fragrances of all kinds - no matter how natural - can be unpleasant for those who are scent sensitive. I, however, am not - and so it was the scent that first attracted me to the product.

However, this product also has the approximate SPF equivalent of 20 - and I tested that out, as I used this moisturizer when I gardened this summer. No matter how long I stayed outside, my face did not get sunburned.
Retail price: $34.95 for 2 fl. oz.

While those products are nice - they're also sensible. Let's move on to the less sensible, but oh! so sensuous products:

Dark Chocolate Shea Butter Sugar Scrub: It feels like a sin to use this scrub! Oh. My. Goodness. Getting clean has never been so sensual before now! This product is so sexy, I believe I moaned in the shower... over and over and over again. I hope the FBI wasn't recording.
Retail price: $6 for 1.7 oz. OR $27.95 for 16 fl. oz.

Dark Chocolate Body Butter: After using the scrub, I dried myself off and had a cigarette. Then I slathered my body with the dark chocolate body butter... and needed yet another cigarette. Man, that stuff is GOOD. I wonder if the FBI got it all on tape?
Retail price: $6.95 for 1.7 fl. oz OR $19.95 for 4 fl. oz

Right now, Angelina Organic Skincare is having a special on two of their lip balms: The Lick Me Lemon and Mandarin Heaven Lip Balm are both $6.48 (half off) a jar. This is an excellent time to try Angelina Organics - believe me, you won't be sorry!