Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Clairvoyant Beauty


I had not heard of Clairvoyant Beauty until I received my March 2012 Goodebox. In that box, I received two samples from Clairvoyant Beauty: Depuffing Cucumber & Cranberry Eye Gel and Balancing Rosehip Oil & HibiscusFacial Serum. That particular box contained a lot of fabulous goodies, but the Clairvoyant products piqued my interest the most.

The next day during my morning routine, I tried both products and instantly fell in love. I felt the eye gel work almost immediately. The gel felt cool to my skin, and my under eye area seemed to tighten up after use.

The Balancing Rosehip Oil & Hibiscus Facial Serum smells wonderful, and I admit to wondering if the product would perform as well as it smelled. It does. I now use it regularly underneath my tinted moisturizer – and on non-make-up days, I use it alone. Using this product lends me a feeling of luxury – I admit it’s been very few times in my life that I can say I’ve used a facial product that boosted my mood. For about 15 minutes after using, I can smell the product (and I realize this may be a con for those who are scent-sensitive). It has an uplifting fragrance, and puts an immediate smile on my face.

The products themselves are out of my price range ($32 for .5 oz. and $69 for 1 oz., respectively), however I learned something really interesting when I signed up for their email list: The company offers some great product bundles, at an enormous reduction in price. Additionally, they sometimes have a fantastic sale: for Labor Day, they offered 65% off your whole order.

It was also through the email that I discovered their fragrance: Clairvoyant. They offered anyone interested a free sample vial. I sent away for it, and was first blown away by how it came to me. It was in a padded envelope, but when I opened it, I found the product to be carefully wrapped in bubble wrap. When I unpeeled the bubble wrap, I found the perfume sample wrapped up in tissue paper with a beautiful sticker on it. Inside was the vial of perfume, and a thank you note from Lexie Masterson, the founder of Clairvoyant Beauty.

When I tried the perfume, I instantly fell in love with it. The website describes the scent thusly: “Crisp floral-green top notes of bergamot and lime leads you into an exploration. Bulgarian rose middle notes blend with jasmine and ylang ylang to relax the senses and enhance your own natural harmony and beauty. Warm, lush, inviting base notes of tobacco, fir and green cognac suggest a subtle sexiness; the mystery and possibility of being a Clairvoyant woman.

I describe it simply as “wonderful.”

I know that scent is subjective, so what I like you may not. I found this scent to be somewhat earthy yet provocative. It’s heady and summery at the same time. It reminds me of my youth: hippie stores, the then “new” natural scents, and a store my mom used to frequent called “Home and Garden.”  

I’ve found many natural scents do not last very long – but this one passed that test as well. When I took a sniff of my wrists about 6 hours after application, I could still smell the scent on me. That sold me - I wanted this fragrance pretty badly, but it was out of my price range – that is, until this weekend! I used the 65% off code, and got it at an immense discount!

Another Clairvoyant product I love is the Refreshing Cucumber Facial Toner. Thanks to the May 2012 Green Grab Bag, I received a full size bottle of this product. I use it almost daily – it’s gentle and effective and the scent is absolutely refreshing for summer use. I admit, the next one I want to try is the Simply Rosewater Toner. However, as I have a full size toner to still get through, it will be a while before I am able to try (and review) that product!

Are you interested in Clairvoyant products and don’t want to spend a bundle? I would suggest trying this great bundle they’re offering right now:  The End of Summer Collection. It includes:
  • Fabulous Facial Cleanser (4 fl oz)
  • Lavender and Sea Minerals Facial Toner (8 fl oz)
  • Exfoliating AHA Scrub (4 fl oz)
  • Skin Firming DMAE & MSM Cream (2 fl oz)
  • Skin Firming DMAE & MSM Serum (1 fl oz)
  • Gentle and Healing Rosewater Eye Cream (0.5 fl oz) -- all for just $30 (while supplies last)
See what I mean about savings? This company has great products, a founder who sends personal notes, AND offers their customers great savings.

I can’t say enough good things about Clairvoyant – I just know that I’m thankful to have discovered them, thanks to Goodebox and Green Grab Bag!