Monday, March 4, 2013

Ipsy February 2013

Ipsy is doing everything it can to win my heart… and let me tell you, it’s working. This month’s Ipsy bag was nothing but fun for me to receive. The theme was “Get Red Carpet Ready” and it was chock-full of cosmetics – one of my favorite things to receive! Here’s what was inside:

 

POP Beauty Mascara: You know, way back when I used to be sick of getting little mascara samples – WTF was wrong with me? Now I love getting them. They really are all different. This one separates my lashes like none other before it. Admittedly, it doesn’t do much to make my lashes look longer – but I love the non-clumpy separation it delivers.

Retail price: $18.50 for 0.25 oz  (The sample size included in this bag is worth $12.58)

 

The Lash Card: Birchbox handed these out awhile back – I didn’t get one then. And, I didn’t use this one, either… but I will. I’m curious to see if it does what it claims it will: “making it easy to get those hard-to-reach lashes.” I don’t know about you, but I have the darndest time with my corner lashes. I am curious to see if these lash cards will make a difference.

Retail price: $6.99 for a pack of 10. (Sample of four cards worth $2.80.)

 

Pixi Flawless & Poreless Primer: Let me say, finding this product in my bag gave me a major case of the happies. I have seen it at Target, and wanted to try it – but this product is too rich for homey’s wallet. I admit: I still haven’t tried it, mostly because I’m currently using up a Smashbox primer sample (which I love!). Still, I was quite tickled to receive a product that was on my wish list.

Retail price: $29 for 30ml (Sample size is worth $14.50.)

 

Coastal Scents Shadow Palette Sample Quad: The name Coastal Scents evokes a fragrance, not an eye shadow. Unfortunate name aside, these shadows are LOVELY shades – and all within my color palette. I got another case of the happies when I saw this in my bag!

Retail price: $1.99 per 1 inch metal pan (must buy containers separately)

 

MicaBeauty Gel Eyeliner: This has become my favorite eye liner to date. It doesn’t flake during the day, and it also doesn’t aggravate my eyeliner sensitivity problem (certain eyeliners tend to make my eyes water during the day). I know I shouldn’t do this, but often I fall asleep with my eye make-up still on. Surprisingly this looks as good in the morning after a sound sleep as it did when I went to bed.

Retail price: $35 for .18 oz

 

Nitpicks: The MicaBeauty Gel Eyeliner did not have a label on it – so it took some investigating to figure out what it was. Because of the color, I assumed it was an eyeliner… but it would have been nice if the product came with a label. Additionally, the product needs an applicator brush. Thankfully I had one, but if I didn’t, I would have had to go out and buy one just to sample the product.

 

Lasting Impressions: This bag was everything I ever hoped a Birchbox sub box would be –and more. The value of the items in this box came to at least $64. While I know it’s not always going to be the case, this particular bag contained products that I either have already used or will use – there was not one dud in this bag. Ipsy made me one very happy girl this month!