Saturday, March 23, 2013

Birchbox March 2013

I know what you're saying - "Homey, I thought you unsubscribed to Birchbox." And I did... but then I saw that they were offering a great box for April and I wanted it - so I signed up for the April box. Or so I thought. 

You see, homegirl's timing is never very good, and so instead of signing up in enough time for April, it turns out I made the March cutoff as well. Uh... yay?

March's them is March Madness. I know. Not very original. Here's what I got this month:


Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream: This is supposed to improve skin tone. Will it? I doubt it. However, I love Juice Beauty products and will continue to use it until it's empty. Who knows? I might just end up looking like a million bucks. (Hey! A girl can dream, can't she?)
Retail price: $39 for 1.7 oz.

Nick Chavez Beverly Hills Color-Saver Sulfate-Free Shampoo: Here we go again: a shampoo without the accompanying conditioner - which you know is this girl's big complaint. I won't know how well a product works if I can't use it with its partner. However, this product does not contain alcohol, so I will use it on my color-treated hair to see how it does. 
Retail price: $22 for 8 fl. oz.

Stella Cadente Miss Me Discrete? Eau de Toilette: Oh boy, was I excited to see a fragrance sample in my box - it was the first thing I opened up. Imagine my displeasure when I found the fragrance sample to be EMPTY! What? No good stuff? Birchbox punked me! 
Retail price: $49 for 30 ml

Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator: This is an exfoliating cleanser, and it smells pretty darn good. It contains papaya enzymes to brighten up dull skin. While not an exciting product, I do enjoy trying to new cleansers, so this is a win in my book.
Retail price: $34 for 4.23 oz.

Beauty Extra: Emery Board by Madewell - Kind of cute - but I don't use these little papery kinds of emery boards. This is one area in which I'm faithful - I always buy Revlon Emeryl Files - I don't stray. However, I knew a French girl who swore by the kind of emery boards this Madewell board is made from - she said any other kind was harsh on nails. Maybe so... but I love my Revlon Emeryl File!
Retail price: $5.00

Nitpicks: I was actually a little angry when I discovered my fragrance sample was empty. I wrote Birchbox, and they had no samples left to send me - so they credited my account with 100 points. That was really nice - and it's one thing I've always said about Birchbox: they have great customer service. 

Lasting Impression: The customer service, of course! The items in the box were not that exciting - but the nice email I received from BB's customer service rep put a smile on my face.