Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goodebox December 2012

December's Goodebox falls into "The Good" category - thankfully! Holy cow, I was getting to feel like the subscription world was working against me until I received this box!



There was an interesting mix of goodies, thanks to curator Sophie Uliano. The theme of the box was fighting wrinkles - what? Did they know I'd been frowning a lot in December, thanks to previous subscription boxes? Apparently so!

In this box:

1) bEST hAIR tIES eVER: There are lots of colors - mine is green. Not my favorite color in a hair tie - still, because of hot flashes, I often tie my hair back when I'm at home. Now I don't have long hair, but it's *just* enough to fit into a hair tie. This one is made from beech wood tree pulp - how cool is that? Not sure what it has to do with preventing wrinkles, but I'm down with it nonetheless.
Retail price: $6.55 for a set of four (free shipping through January 31st)

2) blissoma solutions Amend Facial Solar Repair Anti-Aging Serum: My gawd, that is a mouthful! Still, this is a very interesting product that aims to undo sun damage and protect against further damage. The sample size is decent - not generous, but not stingy, either.
Retail price: $48.99 for 1 oz.

3) Essence of Vali Sleep Concentrate: I guess having a good night's sleep IS essential to dewrinkling oneself. First, let me say that this stuff smells great. One sniff, and I instantly felt myself relax. I love it! Allegedly, a drop of this stuff on a cotton swab or your pillow case is enough to send you off into dreamland. All I know is I can't get enough of it!
Retail price: $18 for 5 ml

4) me and the girls Bar Beleza Multi-Use Beauty Bar: I could have received one of three products from me and the girls.I am very happy that this is the product I received - it's the one I would have picked if given a choice. It's multi-use, and apparently can be used as a non-foaming cleanser - but I think I prefer it as a moisturizer.
Retail price: $28 for 15 ml

5) Suntegrity "5 in 1" Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen: With an SPF of 30, this is a product I'll definitely be using come Spring time, when I'm out in the garden. It's tinted, so I won't need to use a foundation (not that I do... but it's nice to know this will give me some coverage as well as protection!). It's a small sample, and I'll miss it when it's gone.
Retail price: $45 for 1.7 oz

6) TilVee Acai & Pomegranate Rejuvenating Mask: Ugh. A mask - you know how homey hates masks - especially ones she has to mix up herself. The stuff smells kind of strange, and I had to go to the website to figure out how to use it. I would have to have stuff on hand that I normally don't in order to use - this will probably just go in the trash.
Retail price: $26.99 for 2 oz.

7) Furlesse 11's Frown Line Reducing Patches: What? More frown reducuction products? I guess I am a frownie face this season - and these sample boxes are trying to fix that! This sample came with three, and they are apparently for the area between the eyebrows, right above the nose.  I am looking forward to trying them, as that is one of my biggest problem spots. Hmm... I wonder why? :)
Retail price: $19.99 for a 30 day supply

The box also contained a very special offer for 50% off of satin pillowcases from Nerro & Ana.  Since I buy most of my linens at TJMaxx or Target, I can't imagine spending big bucks for just a pillowcase - still, after checking them out I was tempted.

Nitpicks: The mask! Oh how I hate these masks. Hate. Them. Especially since I have to do all the work myself. What fun is that? And this one requires special ingredients in order to get it to do what it's supposed to do - for $27 it better do it all without me adding more money to the mix!

Lasting Impression: Another Grade A box from Goodebox. If you are not a subscriber, then you should be! 

I admit, I canceled this month - but not because of anything they did wrong. They are one of the more expensive sampler boxes, and I had to cut back on my expenses. I see myself subscribing again in the future because they never fail to deliver the goods (do it yourself mask excluded).


You know you want to subscribe! This box never fails to deliver - I believe I've been happy with every box I received. There is always a great mix of products, and fairly generous sample sizes. It is the most expensive one I subscribe to, which is why I had to give it the axe: it's $16. But that includes shipping, and as you can see, a great mix of new products to try!

There is a unique option with Goodebox: get one box every other month. That way, you can save some bucks. I will probably do that in the future!