Sunday, September 29, 2013

Indie Gift Box - Singin' The Blues

I've been watching Indie Gift Box for some time now. For those of you not in the know, Indie Gift Box is probably one of the coolest monthly box concepts out there. From their website: Indie Gift Box curates unique, high-quality items from independent artists and small businesses every month and organizes them into themed boxes available for purchase and delivery to your door. You won't find cookie cutter cosmetics or home products here - instead, customers have the opportunity to be discover fun items not available at the corner box store.

As most of my readers know, I had to cut back on subscription/monthly boxes a while back, and Indie Gift Box, being one of the more pricey ones out there, is one I cannot purchase on a regular basis. However every once in a while they have leftover boxes. This month, they had some leftover items from previous boxes and put it together with the theme Singin' The Blues.

I jumped right on that offer! I had seen these products in reviews, and had to get them in my grubby little hands. Without further ado, here's what I received in my Singin' The Blues package:



Heart Still Beats the Same album on CD by Leslie Lowe: I'll admit it, it's not the type of music I normally listen to. It's described as "bluesy" - but that's not how I'd describe it - it's more like the Indigo Girls, only with one girl. I'm not sure I'm in love with it, but at the same time, I found the music to be pleasant and upbeat. I put it on while cleaning the house, and it served as the perfect background.
Retail price: $10


“What will you create today?” notebook by Make My Notebook: I have a weakness for blank books. I love them, and whenever I find one at a bargain price, I have to buy it. Have. To. I am so happy with this book - it's fun, bold, and encourages me to write down the projects I have in mind to create.
Retail price: $14

“create” necklace by Sebastian Designs: This item really lured me into purchasing this package - I'd seen the necklace on other bloggers' reviews, and fell in love with it. I kicked myself for not purchasing the box - and lo and behold, I got another chance! I love it - copper is my favorite metal, and this necklace is fun, cool, and a conversation starter.
Retail price: $19

Blueberry-scented candle by Candlelit Desserts: Blueberry is not my favorite scent in a candle. But... this one is really pretty, and goes well with my decor. I will definitely burn it - I'm a candle fiend in the winter. It was packaged really nicely, and the holder is sturdy glass.
Retail price: $4

Nitpicks: Wow - I have none - except that this wasn't delivered in a box, but a padded envelope. And that's really reaching for a nitpick!

Lasting impression: Beautifully packaged, fantastic theme, and inspiring products! The necklace is beautiful, and compliments my wardrobe. The notebook is definitely going to get used. I am so happy with this purchase - and with their customer service as well. Go get yourself an Indie Gift Box - you won't be sorry!