Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ipsy April 2013

Ah, Ipsy - you are like a new love: I feel giddy every time I see you in my mailbox. I dream about you all month, and can't wait to see you again.

I couldn't WAIT to get April's Ipsy bag. I heard a rumor that it was pink-themed. Homey loves Pink. Well, and pink. But.... it took forever to get here. And I don't know what Ipsy's problem is, but they NEVER send me tracking info, unless I hunt them down and threaten to bear their firstborn. But get here it did - here's what was inside:


Sation Nail Lacquer Love at First Byte: Full size product, and is DBP, Toluene and Formaldehyde free. Also it's made in my favorite place: The Good Old U.S. of A.
Retail price: $4.45 for .50 fl. oz.

Be a...Bombshell in Sweet Cheeks: Okay - this is a full size product (yay) but it's made in China (boo). I won't be using it because of that. I mean, if the Chinese kill our cats and dogs with their poisoned pet food, can you imagine what they will do to our skin? I wonder how much lead is hidden in this product...
Retail price: $16

Mica Beauty Cosmetics Shimmer Powder in Earth: Ipsy sent me a Mica Beauty eyeliner a few bags back - and it's become my favorite eyeliner ever. I was so happy to see this new-to-me Mica product in my bag - it's a beautiful light pink. And full size! Score!
Retail price: $14.95

Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal: The only "blah" product in the bunch. Plus it's got alcohol in it, so I won't be using it - but I can see how some people would be happy to get it. It's a good brand, and it's made on American soil! 
Retail price: $21.95 for 4.2 fl. oz.

Nitpicks: The wait. It wouldn't have been so bad, except I was reading other people's blogs about their great bag, and mine hadn't even been shipped yet. Customer service did get back to me and send me a tracking number - and yet it still took about another week for it to arrive after that. And while this isn't their fault, exactly, the bag was at the San Leandro post office for almost four days - just sitting there. Holy cow - what the what was up with that?

Lasting Impression: Another great bag - the product I love the most, though, is the Mica Beauty Shimmer Powder. It's lovely! And look: three full-size products - wow! Suck on that, Birchbox!